I am a huge political junkie and was too busy following election coverage to write this newsletter before November 8. As my reprieve from the media, I'm heading to a quilt retreat in Maine to hang out with my quilting buddies and hopefully do a lot of laughing.
Here is a little about what I have been doing, and what is coming up in my little part of the quilting world:
- Last week I was in Houston for the International Quilt Festival. That show is always humbling and inspiring, and full of jaw-dropping quilts. I posted a few photos on my blog of quilts that caught my eye. I am also very happy to say that Colorfall won an Honorable Mention in the Art, Abstract - Small category.
- If you are interested in learning how to make your own version of Colorfall, join me for Colorfall - A Modern Quilt retreat at Quilting in Vermont January 27-29, 2017. Strong House Inn is a beautiful inn in a gorgeous location, please come and have a fun, productive weekend!
- Just before I went to Houston, Modern Patchwork magazine took photos of me and my studio. Let me tell you, the prospect of a photo shoot was quite an incentive to tidy up my workspace. My space wasn't even TIDY, just tidier than usual.
- An exhibit of my work will be up at the Port Washington Public Library in Port Washington, NY in December. I hope all of you New Yorkers get a chance to stop over to see it.
- Last but not least, I have a couple of local classes coming up at A Notion to Quilt in Shelburne, MA. Map Quiltson November 19, and Designing with Flying Colors on December 4. After that I will take a couple weeks to just sew, as I have some new ideas brewing in my head that are ready to be translated into fabric.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all,
P.S. Because I committed to it in the last newsletter, I did a write-up on how I made Fall in the Falls. You can find it here.